Minimum standards of the regions
Our regions offer:
Apart from the many other criteria & recommendations, we have summarised the most important minimum standards for cross-country ski regions required by Cross Country Ski Holidays:
- The region’s network of cross-country ski tracks">cross-country ski tracks must include at least 25 km of “classic“ and 25 km” skating“ cross-country ski tracks.
- At least 3 km of the cross-country ski tracks must be equipped with an artificial snowmaking facility. Or a high-altitude cross-country ski track (at least 3 km in 1.000 m above sea level) must be available as an alternative.
- Grooming of the cross-country ski tracks must be guaranteed according to snow conditions.
- All cross-country ski tracks must have signposts that include directions, kilometre indications and overview maps.
- At least one cross-country ski school (or ski school with cross-country ski instructor) as well as hire of cross-country ski equipment must be available in the region.
- At least one service station for waxing and grinding of cross-country skis (e.g. sports shop) must be available in the region.
- The network of cross-country ski tracks must be available in digital form on the region’s website.
- Excellent infrastructure along the cross-country ski tracks (toilets, parking spaces, etc.)
- Extensive information about cross-country skiing and "Winter sport away from the ski pistes" on the region’s website.
Standards in Ski Touring Regions
- At least 5 marked and well described suggestions for ski tours (incl. walking time, height difference, difficulty level, map and poss. GPS data)
- At least 1 ski tour on regular pistes or in safe terrain (e.g. ski routes, secured paths, etc.)
- Guided ski tours with professional mountain guides (for single persons or groups)
- Relevant free information documents for guests
- Rental of ski touring equipment