- The region’s cross-country skiing network must include at least 25 km of traditional parallel tracks and skating trails incl. complete cross-country ski trail signage.
- At least 3 km of the cross-country ski tracks must be equipped with an artificial snowmaking facility. Or a high-altitude cross-country ski track (at least 3 km in 1,000 m above sea level) must be available as an alternative.
- Grooming of the cross-country ski tracks must be guaranteed according to snow conditions.
- All cross-country ski tracks must have signposts that include directions, kilometre indications and overview maps.
- At least one cross-country ski school (or ski school with cross-country ski instructor) as well as hire of cross-country ski equipment must be available in the region.
- At least one service station for waxing and grinding of cross-country skis (e.g. sports shop) must be available in the region.
- The network of cross-country ski tracks must be available in digital form on the region’s website.
- Excellent infrastructure along the cross-country ski tracks (toilets, parking spaces, etc.)
- Extensive information about cross-country skiing and "Winter sport away from the ski pistes" on the region’s website.
to the cross-country ski regions and hotels