Ski tourers get in Mallnitz what their heart desires. A total of four ski touring areas are available: Tauerntal Valley, Ankogel, Döstental Valley and Häusleralm. So many ski tours to choose from – where to start? Perhaps in the Ankogel Mountains: The tours there lead to the Mallnitz Tauern, the old alpine crossing, and offer fantastic views into the neighbouring Salzburger Land. The tour uphill to the little Ankogel starts at the upper terminus and leads short but crisp across the Lassach Kees. The downhill run to Böckstein is a special highlight. The Häusleralm is perfect for beginners.
Highlights of the ski touring region
- 4 ski touring areas
- Over 25 different ski tours
- Tauerntal Valley 12 tours 83 km long 14,552 m difference in altitude
- Ankogel 11 tours 57 km long 13,608 m difference in altitude metres
- Döstental Valley 4 tours 18 km long 5,236 m difference in altitude metres
- Häusleralm (beginners’ area) 2 tours 6 km long 1,368 m difference in altitude metres